Tuesday 10 June 2008

Taking pics

Hey everyone! I have uploaded some pictures from two weeks ago. Ana and I went back to HanaFesta to look at the roses again. I wasn't inspired to take any pictures of the flowers but I did take some pictures (hopefully interesting) on the walk back home.

One picture I would have liked to have gotten was the giant hornet we saw while we were at the park. Apparently Japan has the worlds biggest hornet. It can be over three inches long and spits flesh eating acid, no shit. We were walking on one of the many paths around the hills in the park when Ana spotted this thing that looked like a bird, no shit. These things are bigger than a humming bird, no shit. Apparently these things go into the hives of honey bees and kill them all, eat the honey and steal the baby bees to feed to their young. Did I mention that around forty people each year are killed by these things, no shit. Admittedly, you need to be allergic but still, forty people. One other thing is that the larvae of these things are considered a delicacy by some, no shit. That's probably the people who get killed, I don't think I want to be trying to steal these things babies.

Anyway, check out the pics if you wish. Have fun, be good and STAND UP BIG!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Um, yeah...

I'll skip the pics, if it's all the same. Fascinating bug. No shit.